Re: Problem with langage encoding

От Ronald Vyhmeister
Тема Re: Problem with langage encoding
Дата
Re: Problem with langage encoding  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general

> The problem is that the database is UTF8, and it won't let me use the
> convert_to function because it says that the characters don't exist...
What
> I need to do is to pull the UTF8 from the database, tell postgres that
it's
> 8859-1, and then convert it to WIN1251... How?

>If the DB is in UTF8, you ought to be able to issue

>  set client_encoding to 'WIN1251'

>after connection, and the conversion happens automatically. See:

>  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/multibyte.html#AEN27483

>HTH,

>Ray.

Wish it would work...  when I do it, I get:

ERROR:  character 0xc3bd of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in "WIN1251"
ERROR: character 0xc3bd of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in "WIN1251"
SQL state: 22P05

The DB is storing it UTF8, but it is really 8859-1...  I need to force PG to
think that it's 8859-1 in spite of what it thinks it may be...

Ron