Re: Pg & Tcl - is it dying out?

От Carlo Stonebanks
Тема Re: Pg & Tcl - is it dying out?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> .  If I am following correctly there are two PG/Tcl software packages in
play here.

Yep, but I am JUST talking about PgTcl.

There are three possible PgTcl options, two are from the same developer -
one in C, which doesn't work on Win 7 x64 (and possibly other Win platforms)
a second in pure Tcl which is platform independent but my initial tests have
it running quite a bit slower.

The third is the flightaware package, which does not have a win32 DLL
binary. There is a Visual Studio project in the Win directory (looks like an
old Visual C6.0 project which will not build) and I'm afraid I'm not
familiar with other C compilers to know how to get the make to work (in any
case, it appears to depend on a complete PostgreSQL source install - normal
for 'NIX, not for Windows).

I cannot seem to get anything that will work on a Win 7 x64 client. Perhaps
the problem is elsewhere, but right now the same code Tcl install and libs
DOES run on Windows Server 2003 and 2008 x64 machines, so this is what makes
me question the OS. If anyone has PgTcl working on this platform, I'd love
to know about it.