Re: Link to bug webpage

От Serguei Mokhov
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 8:48 AM

> > On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> > > Not only does it show the problems he had with PostgreSQL, he uses our
> > > bug list as an example of how PostgreSQL isn't advancing or interested
> > > in fixing bug.
> > >
> > > We better remove that web page soon:
> > >
> > > http://www.ca.postgresql.org/bugs/bugs.php?2
> > >

> > Ok the functionality as well as the menu item are gone.  You do realize
> > it's going to give the impression that we're trying to hide something,
> > don't you?
>
> Uh, what choices do we have?  Do we want to update that database, seeing
> as only a small percentage of bug reports come in through that
> interface?

Maybe a better solution for the short run would be
return the page where it was, and but links to the pgsql-bugs and
pgsql-hackers archives with some sort of exmplanatory saying that "this is
a *complete* (it must be complete of course) list of bugs, which are
being extensively discussed in the these lists and fixed. Please, visit/search
these mail archives for most up-to-date information blah blah blah" One can
invent some appropriate wording, I guess. But this atleast will show people
that there's work acually going on, and on daily basis. And also a good idea
to have "Last updated" time stamp on the page too... so it doesn't seem
to be forgotten for ages..

S.