Re: For review: dbsize patch

От Michael Paesold
Тема Re: For review: dbsize patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> The only remaining function that last week's brief discussion indicated
> was required is a replacement for total_relation_size() (or
> pg_table_size() as it might now be called). I didn't realise until a
> few minutes ago that this function (which is actually broken because it
> doesn't handle schemas) was only committed a couple of months ago
> (v1.5,
> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/dbsize/dbsize.sql.in) >
> and has therefore never been in a release version.
>
> So should we include this new feature, and if so, how is it best added > -
> rewrite in C, or one long line in pg_proc?

IIRC the initially submitted patch for this contained a function written in
C. It was only afterwards converted to SQL because of a comment by someone
else. I will have a look in the archives.

What I would like to have is a function that returns the table size (+
toast) + indexes. If it would be called pg_table_size(), that would be ok.
We should have one with oid and another with text.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold