initdb fails

От Taras V. Panchenko
Тема initdb fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Dear Sirs!

    Every time I tried to run initdb I get

$ initdb
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "Taras".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... 10
selecting default shared_buffers... 50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... FATAL:  semctl(17
, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument

initdb: failed
    Could You be so kind to help me run PostgreSQL server?
    I tried to run it under CygWin (CygIPC including, version 2.x, ipc-daemon2 &).
    Configure, make & make install succeeded, but I can't initdb...

    Thank You very much in advance!

Taras V. Panchenko.