Re: Total crash of my db-server

От Henrik Steffen
Тема Re: Total crash of my db-server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Justin,

average load is usually somewhat around 0.5,
at higher load there is sometimes even 3.0 or up to 7.0

it's a dedicated postgresql-machine. all accesses are made
by a webserver in the same subnet. There are about 15.000
daily users. Each request to the webserver triggers one or
more accesses to the database (using persistent connections,
mod_perl, squid as a proxy, etc.)

The webserver is set to MaxClients == 40 ... this limit has
as far as I can say never been reached before. So there should
never be more than 40 concurrent postgresql-processes.

When dumpall or reindexing / vacuum full is run at nights,
the webserver is shut down first.

disk  benchmarking programs would perhaps be interesting
(which one do you suggest?)... but note: it's a production
server, and I have had allready too much downtime this
month...

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
Ihr SMS-Gateway: JETZT NEU unter: http://sms.city-map.de
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563