Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 07/03/2017 06:54 PM, Joe CT NG wrote:
>> Actually should probably be:
>
>> rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so
>
> # rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so
> file /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>
> # find / -name libpq.*so*
> /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so.5
> /opt/freeware/lib64/libpq.so.5
>
> # rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so.5
> postgresql-libs-9.2.9-1
>
> # rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib64/libpq.so.5
> postgresql-libs-9.2.9-1

So the RPM postgresql-libs-9.2.9-1 was installed at some point in the
past. This is just the client libraries for Postgres. I am not familiar
with AIX, but I have to believe the package is similar to:

https://centos.pkgs.org/7/centos-x86_64/postgresql-libs-9.2.18-1.el7.x86_64.rpm.html

> The Administrator has no idea. >  From the result above, it looks like libpq was installed by an old
version of postgresql.
> As I know, my colleague tried to install the latest version of postgresql and got the same error as me. Then she
triedto install an older version that should be 9.2.9.

What version of Postgres and what package(s) did she install?

Or if not packages how did she install it?

What was the exact error?

What does find for libpq return now?

Also what version of psqlodbc are you trying to install?

How are you installing psqlodbc?

A suspicion I am working on is that even if newer versions of libpq
where installed, PATH issues my be preventing psqlodbc from finding them.

> I wonder libpq should be a prerequisite or a component of the installation package...

Of which installation package?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Joe CT NG"
Сообщение: Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: [ODBC] Config documentation about PROTOCOL=