Re: Load distributed checkpoint

От Takayuki Tsunakawa
Тема Re: Load distributed checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, Itagaki-san

> I posted a patch to PATCHES. Please try out it.

Really!?  I've just joined pgsql-patches.  When did you post it,
yesterday?  I couldn't find the patch in the following page which
lists the mails to pgsql-patches of this month:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-12/index.php

Could you send me the patch if it has not already registered on the
above page.  I want to try the patch by all means, because smoothing
response times is very important so that we can recommend PostgreSQL
to system designers.  I really wish your patch will be the real
solution.

> It does write() smoothly, but fsync() at a burst.
> I suppose the result will be between (3) and (5).

Hmm...  I think some logical reasoning is needed to get the
understanding from community members (sorry if the community members
have already agreed.)  Excuse me for repeating myself, but I'm afraid
fsync() will be the evil sometime in some environments.  Success in
one test environment is not the real success.