Re: possible obvious bug?

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: possible obvious bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Merlin Moncure kirjutas T, 26.11.2002 kell 08:00:
> > > I was playing with the Japanese win32 7.2.1 port and I noticed that
"select
> > > 0 / 0" caused the server to crash and restart.  I understand that it
is a
> > > totally unsupported version, but it should be easy enough to check vs.
the
> > > current version.  Note that select 0.0/0.0 worked fine!
> >
> > So what is the right answer ?
>
> Maybe it's a locale oriented thing?

In 7.2.3 there seem to be two different messages:

usa=# select 0/0;
ERROR:  floating point exception! The last floating point operation either
exceeded legal ranges or was a divide by zero
usa=# select 0/0.0;
ERROR:  float8div: divide by zero error
usa=# select 0.0/0.0;
ERROR:  float8div: divide by zero error
usa=# select 0.0/0;
ERROR:  float8div: divide by zero error
usa=# select 1/0;
ERROR:  floating point exception! The last floating point operation either
exceeded legal ranges or was a divide by zero
usa=# select 1/0.0;
ERROR:  float8div: divide by zero error

Chris