Re: postgresql meltdown on PlanetMath.org

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: postgresql meltdown on PlanetMath.org
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> - Lastly, I tried reducing the shared memory max and limiting postgresql
>   to more conservative values, although still not to the out-of-box
>   values.  Right now shared memory max on the system is 128mb,
>   postgres's shared buffers are at 64mb, sort_mem is at 16mb, and
>   effective cache size is at 10mb.

I found that 5000 shared buffers was best performance on my system.
However, your problems are probably due to maybe not running vacuum,
analyze, reindex, etc.  Your queries may not be effectively indexed -
EXPLAIN ANALYZE them all.

Chris

Сообщение: Re: postgresql meltdown on PlanetMath.org
Сообщение: Re: postgresql meltdown on PlanetMath.org