Re: 1 Master and 2 Slaves... (Replication)

От Daniel B. Thurman
Тема Re: 1 Master and 2 Slaves... (Replication)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

>I started out with a simple master and slave server
>arrangement and was successfully
>able to get the master to replicate to the slave. But once I
>added a second slave, things
>got much more confusing.
>
>I had assumed that adding replication to a second slave
>server, the relationship would
>remain between the second slave and the master and that the
>second slave would not
>know anything of the first slave and vice versa?
>
>I have noticed that adding a second slave, there were
>additional objects added to
>itself, the master, the first slave, and 1 additional
>subscription set, 1 additional slave nodes!
>
>In other words, the master and the slaves "know" about each other?
>
>This means that for every additional server being added, you
>have to go back and configure
>all of the other servers that "knows" about this new addition?
>
>The odd thing so far, my master/slave replication still works,
>but I wonder when the shite will
>hit the fan...
>
>Is there any documentation that explains this somehwhere?

Sorry for replying to my own post, but I forgot to mention that when
the second replication set was added, it seems that the original
replication set got corrutped on the slaves and the master seems to
have the table and sequence objects moved into the subscription tree
and for the additional replication set, it has no table object, no
sequence object, and simply cannot be removed or objects added to it.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.