Re: multiple queries using PHP

От Bryan White
Тема Re: multiple queries using PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> My original problem began with.. I have a category table
> cat_id (unique id)
> cat_title (category title)
> mastercat (0 indicates a main category, otherwise points to another cat_id
>    which indicates this category to be a subcategory)
>

> I want to select cat_id and cat_title where mastercat=0
> and at the same time would like to know whether these categories have any
> other categories assigned to them via the mastercat.
>

> I thought possibly my solution would be to select cat_id, cat_title into
> temporary table where mastercat=0
>
> then continue from there somehow.
>
> Which lead me to my next question, which was how could I execute multiple
> queries from within PHP ?

Its been a while since I worked with PHP but to my recolection it works like
all the other interfaces.  When you execute a statement it returns an object
that contains the result set.  Accessing that result set remains valid until
destroyed even if other results are returned in the interim.  If you keep
assinging the result object to the same variable then the assignment
implicitly destroys the previous result object.