how to get more detailed error messages?

От Markus Wagner
Тема how to get more detailed error messages?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

we have a union query over three select queries with some hundred lines of
SQL code, created as a view.

When executing the code we get an error message "ERROR:  UNION types "text"
and "int4" not matched" with only the line number of the terminating
semicolon included.

This is a problem that we have with many other sql things, too. The line
number of the semicolon is the only thing we know. If we had the line number
of the error itself we could save much time. Alternatively, if we had the
name of the variables (in the case above) or a little quote of the problem
area, we would have much less trouble.

Isn't there a way to get the parser to talk more precisely???

Thank you very much,

Markus Wagner

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: