Unnamed Cursor return

От Kumar
Тема Unnamed Cursor return
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dear Friends,

Using Postgres 7.3.4 on Linux 7.3 Server. Using PgAdmin II for Windows version 1.6.0 to connect to the server from my client machine.

CREATE FUNCTION selfn() RETURNS refcursor AS 'DECLARE
ref1 refcursor;
BEGIN
OPEN ref1 FOR
SELECT *  FROM address;
RETURN ref1;
END;'  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

this works fine.
I execute it at PgAdmin

SELECT selfn();
an unnamed cursor is returned.
fetch all from  "<unnamed cursor 2 >";
at PgAdmin shows a popup window saying the query is executed, but the content is not shown.

at command prompt
SELECT selfn();
an unnamed cursor is returned.
fetch all from  "<unnamed cursor 2 >";
WARNING:  PerformPortalFetch: portal "<unnamed cursor 1>" not found
FETCH 0

(1) pls have a look in the function, that I have named the cursor as ref1, but again it is returning a unnamed cursor?

(2) How to fetch the content of the unnamed cursor at PgAdmin and at Command prompt?

Please help me with this, as it is much helpful for my development purpose.

Regards
Kumar

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: