Re: RHEL

От Darryl W. DeLao Jr
Тема Re: RHEL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have not been able to find a way to get RHEL without paying for it.  RHN
doesn't have the iso's for public download.  Do you know of a way to get the
iso's?

Thanks,
Darryl

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Joshua D. Drake
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 10:36 AM
To: ddelao@oucpm.org
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] RHEL

Darryl W. DeLao Jr wrote:

> -->
>
> Im currently on red hat 7.3 running postgres.  Everything is running
> fine.  Obviously, Im going to have to upgrade to RHEL 3 in order to
> receive updates, etc.  Does anyone know of any problems with postgres
> running on RHEL 2.1 or RHEL 3?

Hello,

  It will work fine. However, if you do not wish to ride the license
bandwagon of RedHat there are a couple of things to remember:

1. All updates for RHEL are made avaialable for free as src rpm's. If
you understand rpm-build (or can) it is very easy to keep
your box updated.

2. Fedora will maintain updates as well... and the above applies to
Fedora as well.

It really just depends on your needs.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake