Re: Serious Crash last Friday

От Henrik Steffen
Тема Re: Serious Crash last Friday
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ok -- now this is what I did now:

I tried to figure out, where exactly the problem was:

The error occured while trying to COPY table seiten to STDOUT

Now I did "SELECT * FROM seiten;" ---> same problem

table seiten looks as follows:

lfdseitenr char(9)
absatznr smallint
absatz text
bildtyp smallint
bildtext text
richt boolean

there are 22409 rows - and there is an index on lfdseitenr

using LIKE I tried to figure out which rows where affected

SELECT * FROM seiten WHERE lfdseitenr LIKE '08%';

finally I found out that it was only ONE single row,
lfdseitenr = 081400023 AND absatznr=3

SELECT lfdseitenr, absatznr, bildtyp, bildtext, richt FROM seiten WHERE
lfdseitenr = '081400023' AND absatznr=3;

so only ONE field in ONE particular row was destroyed (pg_toast - error
message -
no such file or directory)

I now created a temp table selecting EVERYTHING but the affected row and
renamed
the table. So the problem is solved now, but this should actually never
happen.

I have the temp-table left on my system. Is it possible that someone entered
invalid
characters or something into this particular text-fild "absatz" ? Or what
else could
cause this error? Maybe anyone of the postgres-'gurus' wants to have a look
on my
system? Maybe there is a bug anywhere in postgres? Doesn't look like a
hardware-problem
or what do you guys think?

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563