Re: Connections with Tomcat 3.2.4 and PostgreSQL 7.1.3

От
Тема Re: Connections with Tomcat 3.2.4 and PostgreSQL 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Justin,

I didn't say JBoss 3 / Tomcat 4 was the way to go !
I just mentionned that JBoss offered a tight integration with "Tomcat" (&
also with the latest version known as catalina).
I you need connection pooling, just chuck a look @ :
http://www.coreservlets.com
And especially this page : http://archive.coreservlets.com/Chapter18.html,
look at the following
                * ConnectionPool.java A class for preallocating, recycling,
and managing JDBC connections.
                * ConnectionPoolServlet.java A servlet that reads
information from a database and presents it
                    in an HTML table. It uses connection pooling to optimize
the database retrieval. A good timing
                    test case is ....

This however the quick & dirty way to do it
(All my respect to Marty Hall) but  believe it's alway proper to use the
native AS dependent connection pooler which is often better that an example
one !

Rgds,

Thomas,

--