Re: Postgresql -- initial impressions and comments

От Chris Boget
Тема Re: Postgresql -- initial impressions and comments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > 4) The auto-increment ("serial") fields are very
> > badly documented.
> since you came from the mysql world, this is understandable. mysql
> doesn't have a "serial". it only has "autoincrement field." a
> convenience, at best. not very flexible.

What's the difference between the two?  Autoincrement and serial?
Unless I missed something in the docs, it didn't appear that there
was any difference.

Chris

Сообщение: Re: Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle
Сообщение: Re: Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle