Mailing list? was Postgress and MYSQL

От Chris Travers
Тема Mailing list? was Postgress and MYSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: "Jonathan Bartlett" <johnnyb@eskimo.com>
> We need a Postgres vs MySQL Mailing list :)

you are going to laugh but I don't think that this is such a bad idea,
provided that it is not limited to Postgres vs MySQL.  Advocacy is good and
all, but they are more interested in promoting PostgreSQL than discussing
competitive issues.  In fact, the general list seems to be dedicated to only
2 things:
support of all types and
PostgreSQL vs MySQL.

I would suggest that we consider forming a pgsql-competitive email list for
discussing PostgreSQL and how it compares with other database managers.  We
could then send out documents, etc. to other lists (general, advocacy, etc.)
for more general consideration.

We could then look at comparisons regarding Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, etc.
without cluttering this list or the Advocacy list with material that tends
to be... voluminous but disorganized.

The list could also serve as a place for consultants to go if they want
competitive information relating to other products.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers