Re: NullPointerException inside ResultSet.next()

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: NullPointerException inside ResultSet.next()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Graham,

It appears you have two result sets open? One for the
recipes.getInt("recipe_index")

Can we see the rest of the code around this?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Graham Leggett
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 6:45 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] NullPointerException inside ResultSet.next()

Hi all,

I have a query which returns multiple rows like so:

ResultSet ingredients = st.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM ingredientslookup
WHERE (recipeindex = " + recipes.getInt("recipe_index") + ")");

while (ingredients.next()) {
    // do stuff
}

When I run this query, it iterates through the while loop exactly once,
but then bombs out on the second attempt to evaluate
"ingedients.next()".

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.next(ResultSet.java:113)

My question is: Should it be possible for this exception to occur inside
this code at all?

Am I making a mistake somewhere, or is this a bug in the jdbc driver?

I have tried both the driver that came with v7.1.3, and the latest v7.2
driver from jdbc.postgresql.org.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm        "There's a moon