AUTO_INCREMENT suggestion

От D. Dante Lorenso
Тема AUTO_INCREMENT suggestion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
To aid those of us that don't want to use sequences, can we add a
feature to 6.4 that allows the use of an AUTO_INCREMENT statement
when defining tables?  MySQL does this, and I like it.  It resembles
the Autonumber feature in Access as well.

create table tblFirm (
    FirmID int PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,
    FirmTypeID int,
    FirmName varchar(64) NOT NULL,
    FirmAlpha char(20) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
    FirmURL varchar(64),
    FirmEmail varchar(64)
);

Just yet another suggestion.

Dante
|  _ dlorenso@afai.com - D. Dante Lorenso  | Network Administrator |
| | |__ / o \| '_|/ o_\|  \ |\_ _\/ o \    | Accounting Firms      |
| http://www.afai.com/~dlorenso            | http://www.afai.com/  |