Deferred constraints performance impact ?

От mark
Тема Deferred constraints performance impact ?
Дата
Re: Deferred constraints performance impact ?  (Robert Klemme <shortcutter@googlemail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hi all,

We have put some deferred constraints (some initially immediate, some
initially deferred) into our database for testing with our applications.

I haven't seen any noticeable loss in performance, but I am not sure I can
properly simulate our full production environment load levels in my tests.
I was wondering if I am turning on something that has known significant
negative impacts to performance, just from having them there.

I understand a lot more may have to be tracked through a transaction and
there could be some impact from that. Similar to an after update trigger? Or
are the two not comparable in terms of impact from what is tracked and then
checked.

Anyways, just looking for feedback if anyone has any.

-Mark

Сообщение: Re: queries are fast after dump->restore but slow again after some days dispite vacuum
Сообщение: Re: queries are fast after dump->restore but slow again after some days dispite vacuum