Re: Cursor Example Needed

От Perry Smith
Тема Re: Cursor Example Needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-declare.html
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-fetch.html
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-close.html
>>>
>>> the fetch page shows an example of the complete usage in the context of a database transaction.
>>
>> Thank you to Merlin.  I now understand better where my confusion was.
>>
>> John:
>>
>> Those examples are great except there is no way that I know of to loop on
>> the "top level" as you call it.  I'm trying to do something that I can give to
>> psql which will loop through the entire set that is produced.
>
> The FETCH example shows you how. You do not have FOR but you do have FORWARD and if you DECLARE SCROLL, BACKWARD. If
youneed to do actions on each row as it is fetched then you will probably need to do it in a function. Your original
postthough was concerned with dealing with an out of memory error caused by returning to large a result set at one time
andthat can be handled in psql as illustrated.

Yes.  I finally understand your (or someone's) original reply.

Thank you to all who helped me out.

Perry

Вложения

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: Replication and fsync
От: Gregory Haase
Сообщение: Re: json datatype and table bloat?