Re: Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions

От Corey W. Gibbs
Тема Re: Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Afternoon All,

Try the PG Admin database migration utility.  We've converted several Access MDB files to Postgres with it with little
orno problems.
Hope this helps,
Corey

-----Original Message-----
From:    Andrew Gould [SMTP:andrewgould@yahoo.com]
Sent:    Friday, July 18, 2003 10:12 AM
To:    Richard Huxton; Raymond; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions

--- Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
> On Friday 18 Jul 2003 4:50 am, Raymond wrote:
> > 2)  Is an ODBC type conversion table available for
> Access to Postgres?
>
> They match up pretty much as you would expect
> int4=>long integer etc. One
> thing to watch out for is booleans - come through as
> 0/-1 in Access.
>
>   Richard Huxton

I'm dealing with this specific issue for the first
time.  How do you suggest dealing with the boolean
incompatibility issue?  I can't seem to make
checkboxes work; but I want to keep the pgsql boolean
datatype. Is there a way to change the value input by
checkboxes? Or do I have to go with the text input of
T, F, Y or N?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould

Сообщение: Re: Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions
Сообщение: Re: Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions