Maybe more of a VB question, but here goes

От Corey W. Gibbs
Тема Maybe more of a VB question, but here goes
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm having a bit of a VB problem, and I don't know quite how to solve this
as my VB knowledge is minimal at best.  The problem is with quotes and
apostrophes in variables.  What I'm doing is pulling some really really
really bad data from an Access database and trying to insert it into my
handy dandy Postgres db.

Here's the insert statement:
    pg_cn.Execute "INSERT into
itemlist(jobno,area,floor,building,room,elevation,phase,cycle,model,w,h,
d,itemno," & _
    "finish,mtostatus) values('" & rs!jobno & "','" & rs!area & "','" &
rs!floor & "','" & rs!building & "','" & _
    rs!room & "','" & rs!elevation & "','" & rs!phase & "','" & rs!cycle &
    rs!d & "','" & rs!itemno & "','" & rs!finish & "','" & rs!mtostatus &
"')"

rs is an adodb recordset

Now, if rs!d="7'" (I said it was bad data ;)) that tickmark throws off the
whole insert statement. as they're interpreted as the genuine ticks.  Has
anyone come across this or can anyone point me in the right direction to
solve this problem short of removing the users "-' key?

thanks in advance
corey