RestrictionClauseSelectivity

От Michael R. Anderson
Тема RestrictionClauseSelectivity
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
 March 8, 2001

  I have a Postgresql 6.4.2 database.  I added a char(2) field (call it
  'foo') to one of the tables (call it 'table1') using the ALTER TABLE
  command.  When I try this command:

  select * from table1 where foo='1';

  I get the error message:

  ERROR: RestrictionClauseSelectivity: bad value 2.450299

  What does this mean and how do I fix it?

  Two notes:

  1. Doing a select on other fields in table1 work fine, and the added field displays correctly.
  2. I have the same database for Postgresql 6.5.? and I don't get the error
  message.  Upgrading the database with the problem can't be done at the
  moment.

  Regards,

  Mike Anderson