FW: licensing and support

От Keith Harmon
Тема FW: licensing and support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I tried to send this to pgsql-questions@postgresql.org and it was returned
re: user unknown.  Can you forward to support?
Thanks,
Keith Harmon
-----Original Message-----
From:    Keith Harmon [SMTP:Keith@Claygency.com]
Sent:    Friday, January 14, 2000 4:17 PM
To:    'pgsql-questions@postgresql.org'
Subject:    licensing and support

Hello there,

I found your product via an internet search via an article describing how
to set up Linux, Apache and PostgreSQL.
I have a Java database app using JDBC that currently runs on SQL server 7
MSDE on the Wintel platform, but I would like to be able to make it
available on the Linux and Solaris platforms.  This is a new retail product
in which the database will not be visible to the user, essentially
imbedding the database behind the product.
The decision to use MSDE for Wintel was predicated on the fact that it has
a royalty free runtime distribution.
Is it true that PostgreSQL is free - source code and all?  I can include it
behind my software for no license royalty?
I assume your support services have a fee involved - what is that cost
structure like?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Keith Harmon

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Uninstalling PostgreSQL ??!!
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Uninstalling PostgreSQL ??!!