[HACKERS] Problem with query length

От Natalya S. Makushina
Тема [HACKERS] Problem with query length
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

Thank's very much for your help.

I have already installed two copies of PostgreSQL DB. One was installed from RPM, another one was compiled without RPM.
Thecopy installed from RPM has problem with query length, another copy haven't this problem!

I decide to compile it from sources and try to use. After compilation all is OK! Query length is 8191 now.
     May be error presents in RPM.

>From :        Ansley, Michael [SMTP:Michael.Ansley@intec.co.za]
Date :         18 августа 1999 г. 11:55
To :        'Natalya S. Makushina'; 'pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org'
Subject :        RE: [HACKERS] Problem with query length

Hi, all

I have found out what the problem is, although not (yet) the solution.

Executive summary:
The scan.l code is not flexing as intended.  This means that, for most
production installations, the max token size is around 64kB.

Technical summary:
day or so.

The bottom line:
The token limit seems to be effectively the size of YY_BUF_SIZE in scan.l,
until I submit a patch which should make it unlimited.

MikeA