RES: [GENERAL] groups

От Ricardo J.C.Coelho
Тема RES: [GENERAL] groups
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Remigiusz,

I began with ver.6.4, but I think pg_group has the same fields in 6.3.2.

You can see the struture of all system tables using "man catalogs".

Pg_group has three fields:
groname - the name of group
grosysid - an unique number to represent the group. It's look like GID in
unix.
grolist - an array of user ID belonging to this group. You can get user
ID's with "select * from pg_user".

Pgsql doesn't have a "create group" sql command yet. You need create group
with inserts into pg_group. I'm doing this:

1) Create group with insert: "insert into pg_group values ('mystaff',501);"
2) Create users (create user ..... in group mystaff...) and get their user
ID's from pg_users.
3) Insert user ID's in pg_group: "update pg_group set
grolist='{510,511,512....}' where groname = 'mystaff';"
4) Grant permission to group: "grant ..... on .....to group mystaff;"

Be carefull when you delete the group. First revoke all permission from the
group and change this group of all users. Pgsql has problems with deleted
groups.

Ricardo Coelho.