RE: pgsql-general-digest V1 #196

От JT Kirkpatrick
Тема RE: pgsql-general-digest V1 #196
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From:    Randy Dees <rrd@amherst.com>
Subject:    Access database from PostgreSQL?

I have just read the wonderful concise directions for accessing a
PostgreSQL database from MS Access, and just wondered:  does anyone have a
procedure for accessing the Access database from Postgres?  I'm not likely
to get the MS group here to relinquish control of that database so that I
can put it in Postgres native, but I'd really like to use their data in our
own databases.
Thanks
Randy, I am testing this stuff too. . .  I first CREATED a table with
fields mirroring the existing msaccess table using psql (but you can create
table in the SQL view of a msaccess query too. . .) on our linux box, and
then in my msaccess database I linked to BOTH the new postgresql table and
the existing msaccess table.  Then use the INSERT INTO statement with
SELECT to copy from the access table into the pgres table.  Check your
msaccess help topics for INSERT INTO for the syntax of the statement (or
use an SQL book or the POSTGRESQL documentation).  Seemed to work fine for
me.  Might for you too.  JT