Re: [HACKERS] configure and cpp detection

От Andreas Zeugswetter
Тема Re: [HACKERS] configure and cpp detection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> somehow current CVS configure does not detect that $CC -E is not
>> working on AIX and therefore configures xlc -E as preprocessor. It
>> should be /lib/cpp
>
>Hmm.  We just use the standard Autoconf AC_PROG_CPP macro, and there
>are comments in the Autoconf code that show it's been tested on AIX.
>
>Or are you only complaining about the case of invoking cpp to process
>stdin?  I changed the configure test for that on Sunday; maybe I
>broke something.  Or maybe AC_PROG_CPP is selecting $CC -E for CPP
>because that works OK for reading from a file, but it can't be made
>to work for reading stdin?

Yes, it is only not working for the stdin case, which is first needed for Gen_fmgrtab.sh
to create the F_OIDEQ stuff in fmgr.h

> What does the config.log file show for the cpp tests (around line 1200
> in configure)?

The line in config.log sais:
configure:1241: checking how to use cpp with stdin
xlc: 1501-221 cannot exec program less -eM - No such file or directory

if I unset PAGER the log sais nothing:
configure:1241: checking how to use cpp with stdin

Sorry for the confusion
Andreas