AW: [HACKERS] Sequence objects have no global currval operator?

От Andreas Zeugswetter
Тема AW: [HACKERS] Sequence objects have no global currval operator?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>> How about SELECT * FROM sequence_table_name?
>
>Ah, of course.  The man page for CREATE SEQUENCE only mentions getting
>the sequence parameters that way, but you can get the last_value as
>well, which is exactly what I need.

What do you think of making currval return exactly this, only in the
case where nextval was not yet called by this client ?

I don't think anybody does rely on currval returning null iff nextval was not yet called
in his current session.

Andreas