Re: [HACKERS] error messages not only English

От Andreas Zeugswetter
Тема Re: [HACKERS] error messages not only English
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Yes, there is a preferred standard, it defines char(5) strings that correspond to specific errors.
It is in SQLSTATE in ESQL/C programs and conforms to X/Open and ANSI.
It consits of numbers and upper case letters only. The first 2 digits are the Class the, last 3
are the subclass. I think only the Class is in the norm.

e.g.:    02000    No data found or End of data reached
    00000    Success.
    0A000    Feature not supported

You get additional info through:
    exec sql get diagnostics :num_rows_affected = ROW_COUNT [, :num = NUMBER, ...];

The integer SQLCODE + the sqlca structure is from an old ANSI norm:
    0 Success
    100 end of data
    < 0 execution not successful
    > 0 warning