Re: [HACKERS] char types gone.

От Zeugswetter Andreas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] char types gone.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce wrote:

>> You seem to be getting me wrong, right from the start. I appreciate your work on removing
>> char2-char16. I also think it is the correct step. You have the hackers behind you, the discussion was
>> about 2 - 3 weeks ago. I was part of it. There are three things that will need documentation:
>>     1. the replacement for char16 is char(16)
>>     2. char(16) gives and ignores trailing blanks
>
>I don't think this is true.

Hmm ? I am puzzeled. Of course this is true, it has to be, it is standard:

test=> create table chartest (a char(16));
test=> insert into chartest values ('Andreas');
test=> select  a || '<' from chartest;
?column?
Andreas         <
(1 row)
test=> select  a || '<' from chartest where a='Andreas';
?column?
Andreas         <
(1 row)

Andreas