AW: [HACKERS] char types gone.

От Zeugswetter Andreas
Тема AW: [HACKERS] char types gone.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 1. Regression tests make very extensive use of char16.  Seems to
> me that these should be changed to a name.  Same for tutorial and
> any other example references in the code.  Seem ok?

** down sinks the mast of the old postquel, there, can you see it blink in the deep green water ? **
** nostalgia on my face **  I think I forgot to mention my nicest hobby, sailing **

I think char(16) would be the correct replacement in the regression tests
and tutorial, since this is what we want people to use. name is more or less
an internal type for system catalogs and the like. I would not propagate it too much.
Of course regress.c would need a little patch then, but no big deal.

Andreas