AW: [HACKERS] attlen weirdness?

От Zeugswetter Andreas
Тема AW: [HACKERS] attlen weirdness?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Quoting Bruce Momjian (maillist@candle.pha.pa.us):
> I assume you are asking of attlen for char() and varchar() have the max
> length.  The answer is now NO.  They are varlena structures like text,
> and so have a attlen of -1.  Atttypmod for that pg_attribute row now has
> the defined length.

    Even for a char(4) field?  ok, if attlen doesn't give the
length of a field, how do I find it?

Right now: yes, but I would like to see the char() type changed to a fixed length type (which it really is)
then it would have the length in attlen. Right now the length for char and varchar is in atttypmod.

Andreas