Re: PostgreSQL and Datawarehouse tools

От Luke Pond
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and Datawarehouse tools
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At a vendor showcase I attended last summer, the best-looking ETL tool I saw
was called Sunopsis ETL.  It will work with PostgreSQL via the JDBC driver,
and it is relatively affordable compared to the really high-end data
warehousing tools.  See http://www.sunopsis.com

For creating ER diagrams and generating Postgresql data models from them, I
highly recommend DeZign for Databases, by Datanamic.  See
http://www.datanamic.com

Here are some other links I've bookmarked while researching the same topic.
If anyone has experience with any of these tools or projects, or can
recommend others, please post to this thread.

Open Source Tools for Data Warehousing
  Octopus ETL Tool      http://octopus.enhydra.org
  Mondrian OLAP server  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mondrian/
  DataVision Reporting Tool http://datavision.sourceforge.net

Commercial Reporting tools that look interesting
  Databeacon  http://www.databeacon.com
  Intelliview http://www.intelliview.com