Re: Datatypes and performance

От Mattias Kregert
Тема Re: Datatypes and performance
Дата
Re: Datatypes and performance  (Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my>)
Список pgsql-general
> > If I turn fsync on and then pull the power cord while a
> > number of clients are doing lots of inserts/updates and stuff,
> > will the fsync then guarantee that no data will be lost or
> > corrupted?
> You are surely kidding, aren't you ?
>
> Karsten

No. No kidding.
Just to clarify, what I mean is: With FSYNC enabled, after a power failure, after "pg_ctl start" and replay of xact log
etc;Are COMMITTED transactions guaranteed to be intact, and are UNCOMMITTED transactions guaranteed not to appear in
thetables?

If the answer is "yes", then I understand the use of FSYNC.

If the answer is "no", then i don't see the point in using FSYNC at all.

/* m */