Re: tsearch comments

От Björn Metzdorf
Тема Re: tsearch comments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > Yes, I don't see that problem either. The locale and the configuration
of
> > dictionaries do not change while running the postmaster, do they?
> I forgot parser too.
>
> Parser and dictionaries will be changed after gmake install
(contrib/tsearch)
> :), without restarting postmaster.
>
> In common case, we can't set iscachable option to txt2txtidx, but if you
know
> what you do you can set it. May be
> some comments must be included in README.

Ok, but then it should be sufficient to recreate the txt2txtidx function
and/or the index after a change of parser and dictionaries. So generally
spoken, the index function approach to tsearch works, if you take care of
that. I gladly recreate the function and/or index from time to time, if I
can do without that additional column, bloated dump and slow trigger.

This is very good news, as this is a very easy approach to having an easy to
use fulltextsearch in postgresql.

> > Great news! Any comments on the new version? Snowball support?
txt2txtidx
> > without morphology?
> Snowball, ISpell....
> SQL-level for configure parsers and dictionaries.
> SQL-level for configure map (which dictionary for each type of lexem).
> Just wait :)

Wow, sounds great!

Regards,
Bjoern