Re: Connection Problem with JDBC

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Connection Problem with JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Steven,

Yes, it can't be instantiated, you just need to call
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver"); don't call the forInstance()
method on it.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Steven Murphy
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 9:58 AM
To: nickf@ontko.com; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Connection Problem with JDBC

I have added the extra handlers to the catch SQL exception part of the
code,
but when I compiled the program I got the following error :-

ConnectDemo.java:19: unreported exception
java.lang.IllegalAccessException;
must be caught or declared to be thrown
            Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance();
                             ^
1 error

Below is the code that I added :-

       } catch (SQLException se) {
          System.err.println( se.getMessage() );
       } catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
          System.err.println( cnfe.getMessage() );
       } catch (InstantiationException ie) {
          System.err.println( ie.getMessage() );
          System.exit(-1);
       }

Do you know what might be causing this error?

Cheers
Steve.