Re: Links to externally maintained binary packages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Links to externally maintained binary packages
Дата
Список pgsql-www

-----Original Message-----
From: "Peter Eisentraut"<peter_e@gmx.net>
Sent: 19/12/05 18:39:11
To: "pgsql-www@postgresql.org"<pgsql-www@postgresql.org>
Subject: [pgsql-www] Links to externally maintained binary packages

> I would like to compile a list of links to such sites and insert links
> to that list on
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/ and

No problem.

> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v*/.

That's a problem - everything under /ftp is auto-generated from the ftp site. You could add a README file which the
websitewould display at the bottom of the page.

Oh, and fwiw, we do expect to start hosting Solaris binaries Real Soon Now.

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
Greetings, people of the web.

The issue of binary packaging came up again on a different list, so I
did a quick usuability test of the web site about that.  Even though
there is a prominent "binary" link on the front page (nice), this only
links to Red Hat and Windows packages, which certainly could give the
impression of a very narrow world view on our part to the users.

Moreover, I couldn't find, at least within a few clicks of the various
download links, any information about obtaining binaries for other
operating systems.

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v*/.  Would that be OK?

--
Peter Eisentraut