Re: I am totally lost

От Julian Brown
Тема Re: I am totally lost
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I am embarrassed, thanx Joe, I have a mixed mode computer here, I am running in Cygwin and Java is running in normal Win32 mode.  As a result I had the wrong syntax in my CLASSPATH variable

I had it say

CLASSPATH=/home/julian/Java/JDBC/pgjdbc2.jar

which is correct for cygwin, but Java is installed into Windows so

It should have said

CLASSPATH=D:/cygwin/home/julian/Java/JDBC/pgjdbc2.jar

Thanx all

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Julian
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 6:30 PM
Subject: RE: [JDBC] I am totally lost

It doesn't matter what the JAR file name is, as long as its included correctly in the CLASSPATH environment variable or via the command line. Make sure its a valid JAR file by opening it with WinZip or a similar tool, you should be able to see the directory hierarchy org/postgresql/...

What does your CLASSPATH env variable look like? Try specifying an absolute path to make sure its picking it up correctly, or make sure that if you're using a relative path to the JAR file that the java app is in the correct working directory when it starts.

Cheers,
Joe