Re: embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql)

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom and others;

I agree with your reasoning insofar as it pertains to dedicating core
PostgreSQL time into developing such a library.  I also agree insofar as it
pertains to the PostgreSQL core distribution.

I do think, however, that given the current demand for a serverless solution
to PostgreSQL (whether or not it is the right tool for the job), I would
suggest that those who are interested and have the necessary skills set up a
gborg project.  Perhaps at some point if PostgreSQL distributions become
more commonplace, we will see it used, and this will open up new
oportunities for PostgreSQL.  It should be remembered that more options in
critical areas (such as Win32) may mean more community, and hopefully in the
long run, more developers.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers