Re: pg_regress breaks on msys

От Hiroshi Saito
Тема Re: pg_regress breaks on msys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Tom Lane"

> "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito@guitar.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
> > This is very strange.!!
> >      boolean              ... ok
> >      char                 ... diff command failed with status 1: "diff -w "./expected/char.out"
> > "./results/char.out" >"./results/char.diff""
> > server stopped
>
> Yes, I believe the problem is that our Windows versions of the
> WIFEXITED/WEXITSTATUS macros are wrong. pg_regress is trying to verify
> that the diff call didn't fail entirely (eg, diff not there or failed
> to read one of the files), but the status code diff is returning for
> "files not the same" is confusing it.

Probably No, I also suspected it in the beginning. However, char.diff was not created
by some strange condition. I think that WIFEXITED showed the strange condition.
In the place which I showed above, diff makes char.diff from the Manual operation.
I expect that it is related to a system() call.

I am investigating in some other environments. now...
However, It does not clarify yet..:-(

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito