row based security ... was Different views with same name for different users

От Harald Massa
Тема row based security ... was Different views with same name for different users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have other words for my question, maybe they are more helpfull.

What I'm looking for is ROW BASED SECURITY.

That means:

User A is allowed to look and update some rows
User B is allowed to look and update some other rows

Example: User A is only allowed to edit customers from the USA, User B is
allowed to edit customers from Europa.

My solution is:
one field (beraterid) in the table, and a view like

create view pers as select * from totaldatabase
where case currentuser="userA" then beraterid in (1256,2523,2521,623,124)
else beraterid in (9123, 12312,12313) end

some pain is connected. BUT I strongly beliefe, there must be a simpler,
more elegant solution.

What is it?

Thanl you very much in advance

HArald