Problems doing a copy to a table

От Chris Williams
Тема Problems doing a copy to a table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I am creating a text file to do file dumps into postgres using the copy command.  The copy command
executes fine but when I do a count on the table, I get zero records.  But when I do a vacuum
command on that table, here is what is says

sdbm=> vacuum verbose D_TERM_APPROACH;
NOTICE:  --Relation d_term_approach--
NOTICE:  Pages 490: Changed 0, Reapped 490, Empty 0, New 0; Tup 0: Vac 11530, Crash 11530, UnUsed 0,
MinLen 0, MaxLen 0; Re-using: Free/Avail. Space 3964040/0; EndEmpty/Avail. Pages 490/0. Elapsed 0/1
sec.
NOTICE:  Rel d_term_approach: Pages: 490 --> 0.

I know the 11530 is the correct number of tuples that should have been added to the table.  Any
ideas on what may be happening or how I can debug this problem.  I am using version 6.4 on Solaris
2.5.1.
Thanks
---------
Chris Williams