Re: log_statement at postgres.conf

От System/IJS - Joko
Тема Re: log_statement at postgres.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>> I added the following to FreeBSD:
>>
>> /etc/newsyslog.conf:
>> /var/log/postgresql                     600  7     *    @T00  JC
make new file?
>> /etc/syslog.conf:
>> local0.*                                        /var/log/postgresql
>>
>> /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf:
>> log_destination = 'syslog'
>> syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
>> syslog_ident = 'postgres'
>> log_min_duration_statement = 100        # -1 is disabled, 0 logs all
>> statements, in ms.
I already do this, but i can't find my log file
FYI, i just wanna to log every SQL statement.

>> Remember to touch /var/log/postgresql before restarting syslogd (kill
>> -HUP syslog-pid). Chmod 0700 so only root can read the log-file.
>> Adjust log_min_duration_statement to your needs.
i don't understand "to touch /var/log/postgresql"
> Hello,
>
> another possibility is to have logs stored in a file by just changing
> 'redirect_stderr' to 'on' and 'log_destination' to 'stderr'.
>
> This way, with the default config, all logs sent to stderr will be written
> to 'log_directory' under the name 'log_filename', without having to change
> syslog.conf (you just need to change postgresql.conf).
>
> Additionaly, I added 'log_rotation_size = 0' to have on log file per day.
>
> Note that in that case, the log files won't be rotated, you'll need to
> check you don't store too many log file after a few months (as the number
> of files will increase every day).
setting 'log_destination' to 'stderr' could also log every sql statement happen on my server?

My mission is to activate 'log_statement' to 'all', so that i can log all sql activity on my database.

Regards,
Joko [SYSTEM]
PT. Indra Jaya Swastika
Phone: +62 31 7481388  Ext 201
http://www.ijs.co.id

--
If you have any problem with our services ,
please contact us at 70468146 or e-mail: helpdesk@ijs.co.id