Re: Copy & Re-copy of DB

От Ravi Krishna
Тема Re: Copy & Re-copy of DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In SQLServer each db has its own data file and transaction log file and hence can be copied the way you described.

Limitation of Backup utility. Transfer to another server was done successfully. When we want to re-copy to original server,
>we have to delete the original db in the original server, create a new db, restore it.  Is that the only way ?
> or any other elegant way available ?

what do you mean "we have to delete the original db".  Did you mean the cluster as indicated in PGDATA dir.  Please note
that when you do that you lose other databases also within the same cluster.  If the cluster contains only one database then
you can simply overwrite PGDATA dir without creating a new db.