Re: Is there any such thing as PostgreSQL security on a hosted website?

От Henrik Steffen
Тема Re: Is there any such thing as PostgreSQL security on a hosted website?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi scott,

in my opinion, if you really want to have security,
you can't run a database in a shared environment. you should
think about setting up a dedicated machine.

even if there was no way to set the pg_hba.conf to TRUST,
they could easily copy the whole db-root to a different machine
and change the permission-settings there. your data isn't save
at all, as long as anyone else has a root-pw to alter/copy/read
the files.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563