Re: PgAdmin 1.8.0 beta 3 bug: Open file in Query Tool

От Hiroshi Saito
Тема Re: PgAdmin 1.8.0 beta 3 bug: Open file in Query Tool
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi.

From: "Luiz K. Matsumura" <luiz@planit.com.br>

>> Hi, I download this snapshot, and detect a problem with query tool ( win XP pro)
>> The file open option is not working for me: I select the file but nothing is loaded from
>> the file.
>>
>> I tested with the original 1.8.0 beta3 pgadmin.exe and it not load files too.
>> Version 1.6.3 works fine.
>>
>> TIA
>>
> Hi, I'm again...
> I investigate more, and this ocurr only with files with files with ansi files with
> accentuated characters ( like "çãé..." ).
> If I disable the option on the preferences: "Read and write Unicode UTF-8 files", then the
> file is loaded.
> If I edit a file with this option enabled, then this characters is write in Unicode (I
> suppose) and now the file is correctly loaded and displayed.

Yes, The option always desires reading and writing by UTF-8.

> Disabling this option, now the file is loaded, but the characters isn't translated.

Umm, As for Japanes, The beginning serves as SJIS localized correctly.
Then, Each of SJIS and UTF-8 is correctly expressed for reading.
If possible, please send the file containing the code of your problem..

> But in 1.6.3 both files are loaded with "Read and write Unicode UTF-8 files" enabled and
> translated to corresponding characters.
> This is a new behavior or a bug ?

1.6.3 had UTF-8 crash problem. It became fixed now.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito